BOVA Coordination Committee (BOVA CC) is responsible for coordination of cooperation between BOVA member institutions, it formulates strategic objectives and supervises academic activities and acts as an advisory body to the BOVA Rectors’ Board. Taking responsibility for overall coordination of BOVA activities between all member universities BOVA CC members makes a special emphasis on development of joint study courses and programs.
CC is established by the Rectors’ Board and could include two representatives from each BOVA member institution. One student representative could participate in the CC meetings.
The key roles and responsibilities of BOVA CC:
- coordination of the development of joint study programmes;
- evaluation of progress in joint study programs;
- quality assurance in joint education activities;
- motivation of students and teachers to participate in international activities;
- proposals for financial schemes of joint studies;
- recommendations to the Rectors’ Board;
- approval of action plans and agreements on the faculty or department level;
- communication with competent study recognition authorities at the national level;
- annual reporting to RB;
- close cooperation with BOVA rector and Secretary.
The chairperson is appointed by the RB for a period of 2 years. Subsequently the position rotates between the CC members.
BOVA CC Members:
Estonian University of Life Sciences, EMU
Prof. David Arney, Institute of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry
Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies, LLU
Aigars Laizāns, Vice-rector of Studies
Vytautas Magnus University - Agriculture Academy, VMU-AA
Laima Taparauskienė, Vice-Rector of Studies
Lithuanian University of Health Sciences - Veterinary Academy, LSMU-VA
Prof., Dr. Vita Riskeviciene, Dean of Veterinary Faculty
BOVA CC meetings take place at least 2 times per year, starting from 2010 using video-meeting tools. In case of need the meetings could be called time after time.